Thursday, April 27, 2017 – Austin
One of the biggest challenges at work and home is effective communication, especially when you think the other person is not being particularly cooperative. If only they would do what you say, when you say it, in the way you want it done, without question and on time, then everything would be fine!
Unfortunately, it’s not that easy. There are so many factors involved in communicating. Failure to keep those factors in mind and adjust for them almost always makes it difficult to get your message across.
This one-day workshop will help you deconstruct why communication can be challenging, especially with difficult people. It will also provide you with tools and techniques for navigating demanding relationships so they lead to positive outcomes.
You will learn to:
- Use basic knowledge of the brain to transform difficult people on the spot
- Understand four main personality types and improve decision-making while in conversation
- Use filters to set yourself up for successful conversations instead of confrontation
- Diffuse confrontation when it happens
Positive interaction with difficult people will:
- Help you reduce stress
- Improve your time management
- Create opportunities you didn’t think existed
- Improve empathy